Monday, June 24, 2013

Evolution

Since I've started the drawing lessons, not too long ago, my drawings have already evolved a lot, though I have no idea where they are leading me to. But it's very much exciting. Dov's exercices allow me to put far less presure on myself and just focus on having fun and experiment like I used to do.

These series were done at la Bellevilloise with some DJ music that tended to enhance the whole creative experience. Very fun indeed, and I got to meet Florina ! ;)




My friend Samia...
This session was thanks to Prabal in a gallery where Indian artists exhibited. We eventually started to draw each others. Hey Prabal ! Hey Dov !

And Catherine, very nice-talented-inspiring woman.

Mathieu and Dov, creating together with some m&m's and wet tissues at the Jardin du Luxembourg in a small cozy cafe along with some nice guitar playing from Marouane. Memorable times.


Hooot teeeeaaaa.

Paris Free Drawing does have long lasting effects: you'll quickly find yourself drawing, before you even notice it.

 Can't wait for the sessions to come, as everyone seems to push their boundaries further each time !

9 comments:

  1. I like your drawings, especially the first 3 of them, are they watercolor?
    I also like the "Hooot teeeeaaaa", I remember you did it during the first meetup I attended.
    François

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! yeah they are watercolours. I do remember drawing hot tea next to you, was kind of ashamed of it ! but as the time went by I came to like it too..
      Marie

      Delete
  2. A few things...
    - I like the one with Prabal and me, the yellow haired ladies, the blue paris, but the hot-tea is for sure my favorite! so glad you like it as well!
    - I am still stunned by your work from last Sunday!
    - Do you really see it as drawing lessons? I see them more as meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! Thanks ! Yeah that's true they are meetings, although as François points it out I also feel I learn a lot each time. And, for me anyway, you almost are like a mentor to me ? ha.
      I can't believe you are stunned by my work from Sunday. To me I was just struggling, but maybe because I gave up and threw things on the paper it got more interesting... I'll see in a few days/weeks if my perception of these drawings have changed.

      Delete
    2. Marie, I propose a deal,
      I won't embarrassed by what you wrote (it is a challenge! :), and in return you will believe me.
      Deal?
      If you want, you can read the explanations in the next post...

      Delete
    3. Haha, deal. I'm not sure who's more embarrassed now though (coz of your next post) ^^'
      ...thanks...

      Delete
  3. I agree, those are more meetings than lessons, but I feel I'm learning a lot each time! You have pertinent advices and it's great at the end to see other's people drawings! Very friendly moment with very interresing people!
    => I'm definitely looking forward for the next one !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you found freedom....These sessions are not just "lessons",they are more meaningful than that.They are a very interesting way of inner exploration .......

    PS. What I like the most is that u remember when we met lolll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking again and again, the green tea one is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete